Teamwork: The Next Big Thing in Outsourcing
Internal IT staff swamped with work? Why not team up with a third-party provider to lighten their load.
Whether you’re a startup or an established company,
it is easy to be weighed down by business responsibilities, even before adding technology issues to the mix. Luckily, there is a simple solution to keep your staff from being spread thin and burnt out. Outsourcing IT services will help lighten the load for your internal IT staff, increasing their productivity and allowing them to focus on other projects. But before you decide if outsourcing IT services is right for your business, let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
One facet of every internal IT team that always needs attention is their workload. Since technology is constantly changing, it is essential for your IT team to be on top of the newest trends and procedures. By outsourcing some of this work, you can take the stress from your internal IT team, and yourself. Here are some benefits to consider.
Cyberattackshappen every day and have crippled businesses around the world. Companies who don’t specialize in IT often don’t know how to handle major security issues that may arise without warning. It only takes minutes for a system to be hacked and for confidential information to be stolen or deleted. Having outsourced professionals handle security will not only catch breaches immediately but also help prevent them from happening at all.
- Expenses: New strategies and technology needed for a growing IT department can be extremely expensive. Reduce your overall expenses by outsourcing specific tasks. Outsourcing will make sure your money is being spent efficiently to accomplish your goals and deliver the most value. That way, you can ensure that your company is on-budget.
- Management and Focus: It’s normal for your IT department to have multiple responsibilities, especially if the company is expanding. However, when too many assignments are on one team’s plate, it can be difficult for them to manage. By outsourcing specific services, your internal IT department will be able to manage duties without the stress – allowing them to focus on priorities that make up the core of your business. Productivity will be at a high and juggling tasks will be at a low.
Not every third-party is the same. You want to ensure that the services that you are outsourcing are in good hands, especially when it comes to IT. Customer testimonials, reviews, operational maturity —
- Knowing the Network: When it comes to knowing how your specific network operates, the internal IT department will have the edge. A third-party partner would have to be brought completely up to speed and learn all of the necessary information.
- Hands-On Control: Outsourcing IT means that you will give up a level of control when it comes to your technology needs. These tasks are now in the hands of a third-party provider, meaning that internal IT won’t immediately know what is going on. Internal IT personnel will need to figure out how to directly communicate with them to make sure everything is going smoothly.
- Communication: Communication between your internal IT department and the third-party provider will need to be constant during the start of the relationship. Weak communication from the beginning is a red flag. The kind of communication you would like to have, whether it be how frequent or how in-depth, needs to be decided upfront so that frustrations can be avoided entirely.
Domain’s Co-Managed IT Services
Here at Domain, we offer the highest quality of outsourced IT services. We refer to it as “co-managed” support because we work in tandem with your internal IT staff. Our services include a number of options to choose from, which means you only commit to services that you absolutely need. We tailor our services to you — no time or expense will be wasted. At Domain, our engineers provide each client with the undivided attention they deserve, so that we can set in place proactive plans to prevent the same problems from happening again. Check out a few of our options.
- Patching and Monitoring
- Service Desk
- Business Continuity
Domain strives to keep fellow IT teams from getting overloaded.
Set up a Discovery Call to find out what we can do for you.
Was this article helpful?
For more information about how Domain Computer Services can benefit you.
Your Most Common Technology IssuesUpdated: Nov 6, 2018Technology movements making waves in your industryMoving to the CloudIs Your Data Secure in the Cloud?Cloud computing has taken the business world by storm, pun intended. Thousands of corporations across every...
The most influential component of a successful cyber security program to ensure your business maintains regulatory compliance for EU GDPA, NYDFS and HIPAA are effective policies and procedures designed for your business. With our CISOaaS solution, you can rest assured that your cybersecurity situation not only meets, but exceeds expectations.
If you think “call center” when you hear “IT Support,” you’re not getting the most out of your IT service. Let us explain why.